Sunday, October 4, 2009

Forgotten about the U.P? I never even knew about it...


A classmate, Clifton, recently blogged about Michiganders forgetting about our own Upper Peninsula after he read an article from NPR. After reading his blog and checking out the article, I realized that I am totally disconnected from my home state's other half.

I have never actually been to the Upper Peninsula. I used to work with a guy who was from somewhere in the U.P. (I don't actually remember the name of the town), and everyone would always joke about how he was not really from Michigan, but from Canada. I think that might be the problem right there. Most people, unless they live there or have relatives or friends there, don't really recognize the U.P. as part of Michigan. Now, usually for my vacations, I like to travel South rather than North, opting for a more "tropical" setting, but after researching a bit about the Upper Peninsula, I would definitely like to check out all that it has to offer. Spring Break anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment