Sunday, October 18, 2009

You sue me, I sue you

This is in regard to a post by my classmate, Kathleen Monk, about the state of America "as we know it." In her post, Kathleen talks about many potential things that cause a lawsuit and absurd reasons as to why a person would sue another person.

I have to say, I completely agree with Kathleen. These days, especially with the economy being in the state that it is, people will sue for anything in order to make a quick buck. Take for example the teenagers suing McDonald's for making them fat. Is it not common knowledge that fast food is bad for your health? This is what our society has come to: suing a fast food company because you just simply could not resist their delicious hamburgers and golden french fries. Take some responsibility for your actions, people.

Kathleen says in her post that someone could potentially be sued if they attempt to perform CPR on a person and that person happens to not make it through. Honestly, if someone attempted to save one of my loved one's life by performing CPR, I would be grateful for their kindness and, although it would be unfortunate if my loved one didn't make it, there is no way I could sue someone for trying to save a life -- it just wouldn't be right.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the whole idea of I couldn't sue someone because they attempted to save a family member or myself. I don't know why I would want to, but people would love to sue someone. It's a crazy world that we live in. It's all about the dollar bills, or thousand dollars that people would want to get for something. Just like the people who sued McDonald's for their hot coffee spilling on them and burning them. When I order coffee, or hot chocolate, I would expect for it to be hot. I wouldn't be too happy if it was cold.

    In these types of situations, it makes me want to say "DUH!"

    ReplyDelete